We meet at noon in the meeting at the Golden Corral Restraunt on Tuesdays. May 28 -- President Mike Beason will be make make a slide presentation
May 21 -- Holly Strand from the Pennington Sheriff's Department will
make a presentation on cyber (computer) security. Something
which anyone using social media or email should attend.
of his recent trip to Ireland.
June 11 -- Jerry Right, a 70 year old, will talk about his experience of
returning to college to receive a doctorate degree and his reasons
for that decision at his age.
- Contributed $5.83 to the Women's & Children's Home for an annual total of $43.96.
- Donated $42.42 to the UNICEF/Kiwanis Foundation Eliminate Neonatal Project for an
annual total of $2251.71.
- SWMS Builders Club donated winter clothing for the president's statues and stockings
with personal care items to the mission.
- Provided $2,953.25 in shoes and stockings to school students in Rapid City Area Schools.
- Donated 2 hours to Black Hills Rapids Soccer.
- Donated 8 hours as an advisor to a Kiwanis Service Leadership Club.
- Donated 9 hours helping clean Dinosaur Park.
Annual Club 2017-2018 Service Report
Our club monthly makes a report of contributions, fundraising, and service projects in our community to Kiwanis International. An annual summary of those reports appears on the page entitled "Annual Report."
If you haven't viewed our club's annual report yet, you must. I want to hit the high points to emphasize how important this civic club with the mission of "improving the world one child and one community at a time." The Rapid City Kiwanis Club has
donated 1099 volunteer hours to the community of Rapid City;
completed 101 different service projects in the community of which 20
20 were completed by the student Service Leadership Clubs;
donated $13,135 to community groups to help youth;
through the involvement of 150 club members providing 1006 volunteer hours and the help of 65 West Middle School Builders Club students.